Your VSP doctor has met the highest credentialing requirements, so members are getting the most expert care available.
VSP Individual Plan Information
- Choose from over 32,000 VSP doctors, many who offer weekend and evening hours for your convenience.
- Over 60,000 access points, conveniently located in medical offices and retail settings.
- How are VSP doctors licensed? VSP optometrists are Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Agent (TPA) certified and ophthalmologists are American Board of Ophthalmology (ABO) certified. VSP chooses doctors carefully based on their professional licensing, work history, education, malpractice history, professional liability and ethics.
- Are ophthalmologists covered? The VSP network doctor list includes highly skilled and professionally certified optometrists and ophthalmologists. Whether your VSP doctor is an optometrist or ophthalmologist, you will receive a comprehensive vision exam and you can purchae glasses and contacts in their office.
- Download an Application for individual or family coverage.
Find a VSP Doctor for the VSP Individual Plan
Previously available to larger corporate employers, Vision Service Plan now offers the VSP Individual Plan to pretty much anyone who lives in the service area:
Vision Service Plan
- How much does it cost? Get Rates!
- View VSP benefit details of this new program here
- Start a Vision Service Plan application for individual or family coverage
- 100% Vision Service Plan Satisfaction Guarantee!
Open Enrollment is year-round! Learn how to enroll right now.
“Millions of people are without vision coverage, and we want to increase access to care for those who wouldn’t otherwise be covered through an employer,” said Ken Stellmacher, Senior Vice President & General Manager of VSP Individual Plans. “Our mission is to help people see, and one of the ways we do that is by supplying brokers with a valuable product that is affordable for their clients. Also, with adult vision care not offered as part of the new public health insurance exchanges, this is a great avenue to make vision care easily accessible to consumers.
More than 50 percent of Americans are without vision coverage.1 In an effort to increase access to care, VSP® Vision Care, the nation’s largest not-for-profit vision services and benefits company, recently launched a program for insurance brokers to sell individual vision plans directly to consumers.
Authorized brokers can now sell VSP individual insurance plans through a website hosted by VSP that allows clients to self-enroll. The vision plan, created exclusively for brokers, provides individuals and families the same high-quality eye care that VSP offers through employers—directly to individuals who don’t have access to vision care. Like VSP’s employer-sponsored plans, the individual plan also offers the lowest out-of-pockets cost in vision care with a satisfaction guarantee.
1Source: Vision Council (June 2013 Vision Watch Vision Correction Standard Report, Table 26A) Read the full press release right here.
For Individual and Family Health Plans, view online pricing, free of charge.